How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
If you are ready to sell your car in the Lawrenceville area, you’ll have to decide whether to take on all the work of selling the vehicle privately or you can choose an easier route by selling your car to a dealership. How does selling your car to a dealership work? In this guide from the finance team at Honda Mall of Georgia in Buford, you’ll learn all about how to sell a car at a dealership and get the best car trade-in value near Athens, GA.
How to Sell a Car at a Dealership: Preliminary Steps
There are a few things you can do in advance that will help ensure that selling your car to a dealership will go smoothly and that you’ll get the best possible car trade-in value near Lawrenceville, GA.
- Prepare the Car for Sale: Washing the vehicle and cleaning and vacuuming the interior will definitely make the car more appealing. Make sure to remove all personal items, and consider making minor repairs, such as replacing burned-out bulbs, damaged floor mats, and any small interior or exterior parts that are broken. If there are extensive repairs needed, you can leave them to the dealer, as it will cost them less to fix.
- List the Benefits Of Your Car: Jot down a list of all of the features and any accessories you have added to the vehicle. This will help to increase its value and make it more attractive to the dealership.
- Collect the Necessary Documents: You will need to gather up all required documentation, including the title, registration, and any outstanding loan information. Having these on hand will streamline the process at the dealership. It’s also a good idea to bring any service records in order to show that the car has been kept up to date with all scheduled maintenance.
- Value Your Trade: It is important to know the fair market value of your vehicle is before you sell. A quick and easy way to determine your car trade-in value near Athens, GA is to take advantage of our online car appraisal tool. You can also make use of similar tools at Cars.com and Kelley Blue Book.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Once you have prepared the vehicle for sale, gathered all the paperwork, and have a value estimate, you’re ready to visit %%di_name%. How does selling your car to a dealership work? Here’s what to expect:
- Make an Appointment: It is best to contact us to schedule an appointment. This will alert our team so they will be ready when you arrive.
- Used Car Manager: Our used car manager or one of our sales associates will collect your information and run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: We will have our certified service technicians inspect the appearance and mechanical condition of the vehicle.
- Receive an Offer: Based on the vehicle history report and our inspection, we will make you an offer that you can either choose to negotiate or accept outright.
Benefits of Selling Your Car to a Dealership
Now that you know more about how to sell a car to a dealership, take a look at some of the advantages of selling a car at a Honda Mall of Georgia:
- Convenience: To sell a car on your own, you’ll have to prepare and post a listing, field inquiries, set up test drives, haggle over price, and deal with the paperwork. It can take weeks or even months before you successfully sell the vehicle. Selling to a dealership will only take an hour or so, and we’ll handle all of the paperwork for you!
- Lower Your New Car Price: Looking to trade in your car? You can apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new Honda car, truck, or SUV in order to offset the price and lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Taxes: If you are trading in your car for a new vehicle at Honda Mall of Georgia, you will only pay sales tax on the difference between the car trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
We Want to Buy Your Car Today!
If you’re interested in finding the easiest way to get top dollar for your used car, consider selling it to Honda Mall of Georgia! We’re always looking for quality vehicles in the Cumming area to add to our used car inventory, and we’ll make selling or trading in your current vehicle a simple and stress-free experience. If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to give us a call at 833-423-2238.
More from Honda Mall of Georgia
The 2022 Honda Odyssey minivan comes equipped with all of the features that will keep your family comfortable, entertained, and safe on the roads on Duluth roads and beyond. In addition to its spacious cabin and convenient amenities, the Odyssey also offers strong performance capabilities that will serve you well if you’re planning on hauling…
The Honda Civic hatchback comes in four distinct trims for the 2022 model year, but this year’s Honda Civic hatchback truly stresses quality over quantity, with each trim bringing something different and unique to your overall driving experience. See how the Honda Civic hatchback trims can change the way you take on the Duluth…
The new Honda Accord is a worthwhile addition to your Duluth commute for its lively performance, comfortable interiors, and reliable technology. Before taking the 2021 Honda Accord home, you may be wondering, “Are Honda Accords good cars?” or “Are Honda Accords reliable?” Not only can you travel around town with efficient performance, but you can have peace of mind when you’re backed by a suite of advanced safety features. Read on with Honda Mall of Georgia as we go over the Accord Safety ratings and some of the safety features that are along for the ride.